Fish and seafood on your table - health in your house!
- Recipe -
- Recipe - 2083
6 - 8 as an entree
How to cook Brazilian Sardine Pudding:
- 1 large can sardines
- 5 large potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- Bread crumbs
- Lettuce, shredded
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Carrot strips, raw or cooked
- Green peas, cooked
- Mix mashed potatoes and sardines (free of bones and skin).
- Make a refogado* of oil, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from flame and add to sardines and potatoes. Mix well, add eggs.
- Turn into buttered pan lined with bread crumbs and bake in oven at 400°F (200°C) for 20 minutes, or until the mixture shrinks away from the sides of the pan.
- Store it in the refrigerator until cool.
- To serve, remove from pan, decorate with mayonnaise, and garnish with finely shredded lettuce, hard-cooked-egg slices, cooked or raw carrot strips, green peas, etc.
The Brazilian Sardine Pudding recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Brazilian name for this recipe is Pudim de Sardinhas
*Refogado is to Brazilian food what sofrito is to Spanish food - a cooked-down aromatic of onions and other tasty things.
This recipe for Brazilian Sardine Pudding serves/makes: 6 - 8 as an entree
The Brazilian Sardine Pudding recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American
- Recipe List -
- Recipe List -
Similar recipes (Sardines ~ Baked):
- Italian Baked Sardines with Fennel ~ Sardine Recipe - Italian easy recipe how to cook fresh sardines with olive oil, onion, dry white wine, tomatoes, breadcrumbs, and fennel seeds.
- Easy Italian Baked Fresh Sardine Fillets ~ Baked Sardines Recipe - easy and healthy recipe how to bake fresh sardine fillets with garlic, fresh parsley, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Italian recipe.
- Country-Style Maine Sardines ~ Baked Sardines Recipe - easy recipe how to bake Maine sardines with mashed potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, and parsley. American recipe.
- Parmesan Sardines with Chili Sauce ~ Baked Sardines Recipe - Recipe how to bake canned sardines with chili sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and butter. Easy recipe. Can be ready in 5 minutes. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
- Cheesy Sardines on Toast ~ Cheesy Sardines on Toast - Recipe how to make toast with canned sardines, toasted bread, and grated Swiss cheese. Easy recipe. Can be ready in 5 minutes. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
- Barbecued Fresh Sardines ~ Barbecued Sardines Recipe - easy recipe how to barbecue fresh sardines with olive oil, garlic, lemons, grated lemon rind, and fresh basil leaves.
- Easy Grilled Sardines or Sprats ~ Grilled Sardines or Sprats Recipe - easy recipe how to grill sardines or sprats with flour, cayenne pepper, and lemon slices, to garnish.
- Easy Pan Fried Fresh Sardines ~ Pan Fried Sardines Recipe - easy recipe how to pan fry whole fresh sardines with olive oil, all-purpose flour, parsley leaves, and lemon wedges.