Fish and seafood on your table - health in your house!
- Recipe -
- Recipe - 2184
How to cook Ecuadorian Striped Bass and Shrimp Stew:
- 1 1/2 pounds striped bass fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound small or medium shrimps
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups milk or half milk, half light cream
- 1/2 pound Munster cheese, grated
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the fish in the flour. Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the fish slices until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside.
- Shell the shrimps, reserving the shells. Cut the shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- Melt a tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan, add the shrimp shells, and cook, stirring, until the shells turn pink.
- Add 3 cups water, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain, discard the shells, and measure the stock. Bring it up to 3 cups with a little water if necessary. Set the stock aside.
- Heat the rest of the butter in a large saucepan. Add the paprika and the onion and saute until the sonion is softened.
- Add the potatoes and the shrimp stock, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add the milk, or milk and cream, to the saucepan and continue to cook the potatoes, stirring from time to time, until they are partly disintegrated.
- Add the cheese and stir to mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then fold in the fish and the shrimps.
- Cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, or until the shrimps are cooked.
- Serve the Ecuadorian Striped Bass and Shrimp Stew in bowls topped with slices of hard-boiled egg.
- This should be thick, but still recognizable as a soup. Thin with a little milk if necessary.
The Ecuadorian Striped Bass and Shrimp Stew recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Ecuadorian name for this recipe is Chupe de Corvina y Camarones
This recipe for Ecuadorian Striped Bass and Shrimp Stew serves/makes: 6
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
Cuisine: South American
(more South American
- Recipe List -
- Recipe List -
Similar recipes (Bass ~ Soup/Stew):
- Sea Bass (Apahap) and Vegetable Stew ~ Sea Bass Recipe - Filipino recipe how to cook stew with sea bass or barramundi, tomato, potatoes, broth, parsley, flour, onions, milk, and cooking oil.
- Fresh Bass and Salt Pork Soup ~ Sea Bass Recipe - Native American recipe how to cook soup with sea bass, boiled salt pork, potatoes, onion, milk, savory, and butter or margarine.
- Sea Bass Stew (Paksiw na Apahap) ~ Sea Bass Stew Recipe - Filipino recipe how to cook stew with sea bass, apple cider vinegar, ginger, patis, hot green pepper, and vegetable or corn oil.
- Algerian Spiced Striped Bass Tagine ~ Baked Sea Bass Recipe - Algerian recipe how to bake sea bass or bream fillets with olive oil, cilantro, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, anise seeds, cayenne pepper, juice of 1 lemon, tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, eggplant, and olives. African recipe from Algeria.
- Armenian Baked Sea Bass ~ Baked Sea Bass Recipe - Armenian recipe how to bake sea bass with butter, olive oil, onions, lemons, eggs, parsley, and curry.
- Armenian Fish Plaki ~ Baked Fish Recipe - Armenian recipe how to bake whole fish (sea bass, halibut, tuna or salmon) with carrots, celery, potatoes, parsley, garlic, virgin olive oil, white wine, fresh basil, tomatoes, and lemon.
- Armenian Kibbe Semak (Fish Kibbe or Kufte) ~ Baked Sea Bass Recipe - Armenian recipe how to bake Kibbe Semak with sea bass fillets, bulgur, onions, orange, lemon, olive oil, pine nuts, and fresh basil or dried basil.
- Japanese Sea Bass with Water Chestnuts ~ Steamed Sea Bass Recipe - Japanese recipe how to steam sea bass (grouper, cod or baramundi) steaks with sake, medium carrots, water chestnuts, asparagus, leek, leaves baby bok choy, onion, and fresh thyme.
- Malaysian Steamed Sea Bass Steak ~ Steamed Sea Bass Recipe - Malaysian recipe how to steam sea bass steak with ginger, tapioca starch, shallot, garlic, fish sauce, shaoxing wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, cooking oil, spring onion, and coriander for garnishing.
- Minced Spottail Bass (Redfish) Loaf ~ Baked Spottail Bass Recipe - recipe how to bake spottail bass (redfish) loaf with smoked bacon, onions, soft white rolls, eggs, toasted breadcrumbs, lard or margarine, flour and sour cream. German recipe.