Fish and seafood on your table - health in your house!
- Recipe -
- Recipe - 3080
How to cook Filipino Octopus Stew (Dinuguan Pugita):
- 1 small sized octopus (pugita)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Wash the octopus and remove the ink sac. Save the black fluid.
- Beat tentacles to soften, then cut into pieces.
- In a casserole, simmer pugita with onion, garlic, vinegar, and salt to taste until tender.
- Add the coconut milk, and pugita’s black fluid.
- Stir once in a while and cook until done.
The Filipino Octopus Stew (Dinuguan Pugita) recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew) or Dinardaraan in Ilocano is a Filipino dish usually made from the blood, entrails and meat of a pig. It is sometimes known as "chocolate meat" as the stew has a thick chocolate-like color and consistency. In this recipe the octopus ink is used, instead of the blood, to make chocolate-like color.
This recipe for Filipino Octopus Stew (Dinuguan Pugita) serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Octopus Stew (Dinuguan Pugita) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Various Seafood
(more Various Seafood
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
- Recipe List -
- Recipe List -
Similar recipes (Various Seafood ~ Soup/Stew):
- Korean Octopus Stew (Nakji Jeongol) ~ Octopus Stew Recipe - Korean recipe how to cook stew with octopus, zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, green onions, green chili paste, chili powder, garlic, sesame seed, and soy sauce.
- Cabbage with Meat and Jellyfish ~ Jellyfish Recipe - Vietnamese recipe how to cook dried jellyfish with chicken, pork, cabbage, onion, vinegar, mint leaves, coriander, Nuoc Cham sauce, peanuts, and shrimp chips.
- Creole Style Octopus Salad ~ Octopus Salad Recipe - Creole recipe how to cook salad with octopus, vine tomatoes, red onion, chives, coriander, red chili, ginger, juice of two limes, and extra virgin olive oil.
- French Simmered Octopus ~ Simmered Octopus Recipe - recipe how to simmered octopus with court bouillon, olive oil, onion, shallots, garlic, tomatoes, white wine, and parsley. French recipe.
- Galician Octopus Pie ~ Baked Octopus Recipe - recipe how to bake pie with octopus filling. Spanish recipe.
- Greek Braised Octopus with Onions ~ Octopus Recipe - Greek recipe how to cook octopus with canned tomatoes, onions, olive oil, garlic, bay leaf, fresh rosemary, cloves, red wine vinegar, red wine, and parsley.
- Korean Fried Spicy Octopus ~ Fried Octopus Recipe - Korean recipe how to fry octopus with carrot, leek, onion, garlic, vegetable oil, chillies, Korean chilli powder, soy sauce, gochujang chilli paste, mirin or rice wine, and maple syrup.
- Korean Spicy Octopus ~ Fried Octopus Recipe - Korean recipe how to fry octopus with onion, chilies, green onions, carrot, shiitake mushrooms (pyo go beo seot), and marinade sauce. Nak Ji Bok Eum.
- Octopus Fritters ~ Octopus Recipe - Native American recipe how to cook fritters with octopus, cooking oil, yellow onions, eggs, and flour.
- Portuguese Octopus with Rice ~ Simmered Octopus Recipe - recipe how to simmer octopus with parsley, olive oil, garlic, rice, onion, bay leaf, and lemon juice. Portuguese recipe.