Fish and seafood on your table - health in your house!
- Recipe -
- Recipe - 587
4 - 6
How to cook Gefilte Fish For Passover:
- 2 1/4 pounds (1 kg) fresh ground fish - either carp or a mixture of carp, whitefish and pike
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 raw egg
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- Cooking Sauce for Gefilte Fish (see the recipe below)
Cooking Sauce for Gefilte Fish Ingredients:
- Grind together all the Ingredients, and then mix in the ground fish.
- At this point the fish may be formed into logs - approx 3 inches wide and 12 inches long - wrapped tightly into tin foil for freezing.
- It is easy to slice for individual servings.
- Or, ovals about the size of a pear can be formed.
- Drop them into boiling Cooking Sauce for Gefilte Fish and allow them to cook slowly for 2 hours.
- Let cool before removing the fish balls from the sauce.
- Serve the Gefilte Fish For Passover with Horseradish on a bed of lettuce.
- A slice of the cooked carrot adds color to the dish.
How to cook Cooking Sauce for Gefilte Fish:
- Fish bones and heads
- 4 cups water
- 4 carrots
- 3 onions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Bring to a boil and add the fish balls.
The Gefilte Fish For Passover recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Gefilte fish is a ground fish recipe, popular with people of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage. Formally, it is a type of quenelle, a delicately flavored patty made of lightly seasoned ground fish or white meat. Similar dishes exist in many cultures in local recipes bland or spicy, served plain or sauced, and cooked in simple broth or as part of an elaborate fish stew.
This recipe for Gefilte Fish For Passover serves/makes: 4 - 6
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered
- Recipe List -
- Recipe List -
Similar recipes (Carp ~ Poached/Simmered):
- Poached Carp ~ Poached Carp Recipe - recipe how to poach carp with onion, carrot, parsley, pepper berries, bay leaf, lemon juice, oil, and potatoes.
- Poached Carp with Mushrooms ~ Poached Carp Recipe - Recipe how to poach carp fillets with dry white wine, butter, onion, mushrooms, parsley, flour, and heavy cream.
- Easy Jewish Poached Carp ~ Poached Carp Recipe - easy recipe how to poach carp with oil, onions, potato starch, clove garlic, white wine, fish stock or water, celery, parsley, and carrot. Jewish recipe.
- Vietnamese Poached Carp ~ Poached Carp Recipe - recipe how to poach carp with young ginger, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, wine, brown vinegar, brown food color, lotus root starch or cornstarch, sesame oil, lard (or oil), and soup stock. Vietnamese recipe.
- Vietnamese Carp Cooked in Coconut Milk ~ Simmered Carp Recipe - recipe how to simmer carp with vegetable oil, lemon grass, peppercorns, garlic, red chili pepper, ground cinnamon, cloves, Nuoc Mam sauce, coconut milk, fresh coriander, and lime. Vietnamese recipe.
- German Poached Carp in White Wine ~ Poached Carp Recipe - German recipe how to poach whole carp with onion, mushrooms, white wine, fresh parsley, fresh horseradish, and sour cream.
- Polish Carp in Horseradish Sauce ~ Simmered Carp Recipe - Polish recipe how to simmer carp (sole, pike, or other white fish) fillets with vegetable stock, horseradish sauce, sour cream, butter, flour, eggs, sugar, and lettuce.
- Jewish Sweet and Sour Carp ~ Poached Carp Recipe - Jewish recipe how to poach fresh carp or salmon with onions, brown sugar, lemon juice, raisins, bay leaves, ginger, cloves, and lemons.
- Chinese Red Cooked Fish ~ Simmered Carp Recipe - Chinese recipe how to simmer stuffed whole carp (sea bass, pike, red snapper, perch) with flour, peanut oil, Chinese rice wine, chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, scallions, ginger, and garlic.
All Easy Recipes