How to cook Pan Seared Tilapia with Lime
- 4 pieces of skinless tilapia fillet (about 6 ounces each) or other mild white fish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 lime slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic saute 2 minutes. Stir in water, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, flour, and red pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly coat fillet with cooking spray dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large ovenproof skillet covered with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add tilapia fillets cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Spoon lime mixture evenly over fillets. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve Pan Seared Tilapia with lime slices.
This recipe for Pan Seared Tilapia with Lime serves/makes: 4
The Pan Seared Tilapia with Lime recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed