Fish and seafood on your table - health in your house!
- Recipe -
- Recipe - 491
How to cook Stuffed Tilapia with Crab Meat:
- 6 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 can drained and flaked crab meat
- 1 small onion
- 1 rib celery
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Melted butter
- Paprika powder
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Mince the celery into fine pieces.
- Saute the onion and celery with butter in a frying pan until the vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley to the frying pan.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in bread crumbs and crab meat, together with lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Grease a 9x13 inch oven pan.
- Spread the crab meat mixture over the tilapia fillets and roll them up.
- Place the stuffed tilapia in the greased dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle melted butter and paprika powder over the stuffed tilapia.
- Place the stuffed tilapia in the oven and bake the tilapia rolls at 400°F.
- The baked tilapia is finished when it is easy to flake the fish with a fork, usually after 20-25 minutes.
This recipe for Stuffed Tilapia with Crab Meat is a tasty adventure that includes crab meat as well as spicy cayenne pepper. It is not only a good recipe for preparing stuffed tilapia
it is suitable for many other similar fish species as well, including flounder
I modified the recipe a bit by mixing the recipe stuffing w/ one cup of Artichoke
Parmesan and Garlic Dip, and an additional two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
It was fantastic. Cannot wait to try some of the other recipes on your web site. Jim Molnar
This recipe for Stuffed Tilapia with Crab Meat serves/makes: 6
The photo is submitted by Bob Radowiecki - 01.29.07
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked
- Recipe List -
- Recipe List -
Similar recipes (Tilapia ~ Baked):
- Baking Tilapia ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with butter, white wine, fresh basil leaves, lemon, onion powder, bread crumbs, and paprika powder.
- Baked Tilapia with White Wine ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with, medium white wine, garlic, herbs, salad onions, butter, cornflour, and creme fraiche.
- Tilapia Picatta ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with dry white wine, lemons, parsley, whole capers, flour, sweet butter, and peanut oil.
- Baked Tilapia ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - Made with tilapia fillets, olive oil, dried oregano, garlic powder, tomato paste, green bell pepper, onion, and butter.
- Easy Baked Tilapia ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - easy recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with butter, Old Bay Seasoning, garlic salt, lemon, and package of frozen cauliflower with broccoli and red pepper.
- Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with garlic, butter, dried dillweed or parsley, Paprika powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pecan Crusted Tilapia ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with pecans, cereal thickener, onion powder, lemon, and parsley.
- Crunchy Tilapia ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with flour, egg whites, cornmeal, dried bread crumbs, and dried basil.
- Baked Tilapia with Thyme and Marjoram ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with flour, egg whites, yellow cornmeal, bread crumbs, dried thyme, and dried marjoram.
- Tilapia Fillet with Mushrooms ~ Baked Tilapia Recipe - This is an easy recipe how to bake tilapia fillets with onion, mushrooms, green or red pepper, carrot, and dried tarragon.