Fish and seafood on your table - health in your house!
- Recipe -
- Recipe - 2503
How to cook Vietnamese Braised Carp with Galangal Sauce:
- 6 carp or halibut steaks (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced galangal
- 4 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Caramel Syrup (see the recipe below)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Caramel Syrup (Nuoc Mau) Ingredients:
- Saute carp in oil with galangal.
- Add fish sauce and caramel syrup, braise slowly on both sides until fish is done.
- Season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a platter.
- Serve the Vietnamese Braised Carp with Galangal Sauce with steamed rice.
How to cook Caramel Syrup (Nuoc Mau):
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Stir and reduce until liquid is a dark brown color. Remove from heat, add a few tablespoons of water and stir.
- Pour into a heatproof container.
- Cover with a lid.
The Vietnamese Braised Carp with Galangal Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Ca Chep Kho Rieng
Use this recipe with a variety of whole fish, steaks or fillets.
- like other members of the ginger family used in Vietnamese cooking, galangal's
pungent spiciness freshens the taste of seafood, making it a valued herb in seafood salads and soups.
This recipe for Vietnamese Braised Carp with Galangal Sauce serves/makes: 6
The Vietnamese Braised Carp with Galangal Sauce (Ca Chep Kho Rieng) recipe is adopted from The Food of Vietnam - 1997.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed
- Recipe List -
- Recipe List -
Similar recipes (Carp ~ Pan Fried/Sauteed):
- Czech Fried Carp Fillets ~ Carp Recipe - Czech recipe how to cook carp fillets with flour, eggs, bread crumbs, butter, vegetable oil, fresh parsley, and lemon.
- Polish Fish in Greek Sauce ~ Fried Carp Recipe - Polish recipe how to fry carp (whitefish or flounder) fillets with olive oil, fresh parsley, and Greek sauce.
- Vietnamese Pan Fried Carp with Hot Bean Sauce ~ Pan Fried Carp Recipe - recipe how to pan fry whole carp with green onion, ginger, garlic, hot bean paste or Tabasco sauce, soy sauce, wine, sugar, brown vinegar, cornstarch, sesame oil, and oil. Vietnamese recipe.
- Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets ~ Pan Fried Carp Recipe - easy recipe how to pan fry carp fillets with buttermilk, pancake mix, and dried lemon flakes.
- Easy Pan Fried Carp Cakes ~ Pan Fried Carp Recipe - Easy recipe how to pan fry cakes with cooked carp, mashed potatoes, egg, bacon grease, butter, powdered garlic, and paprika.
- Easy Fried Carp (Pollock, Hake) ~ Pan Fried Carp Recipe - Easy recipe how to pan fry carp (Pollock, hake). Garnish the Fried Carp with pickled cucumbers. Simple, easy, and delicious. You can try any fish you have.
- Fried Whole Carp ~ Fried Carp Recipe - easy recipe how to fry whole carp with flour, and Cayenne pepper. Served with lemon and Anchovy sauce.
- Baked Whole Carp Stuffed with Mushrooms ~ Baked Carp Recipe - recipe how to bake whole stuffed carp with vinegar, sugar, mushrooms, onions, egg, bread crumbs, butter, onions, carrot, and juice of 1 lemon.
All Easy Recipes