Fish and seafood on your table - health in your house!
- Recipe -
- Recipe - 2149
How to cook Chinese Steamed Trout with Black Beans:
- 2 trout, about 12 ounces each, cleaned with heads left on
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fermented black beans, rinsed and partially mashed with 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon Shaohsing wine; leave some beans whole
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 or 3 scallions, cut into small rounds
- 4 tablespoons peanut or corn oil
- 2 tablespoons thick soy sauce
- Pat the trout dry. Lay them on a heatproof serving dish with slightly raised sides. Place 2 slices of ginger in the cavity of each fish.
- Mix together the black beans and garlic, and spread on the fish.
- Steam in a wok or steamer over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the flesh flakes easily.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the scallions.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over high heat until smoke rises. Pour it over the scallions. The sizzling oil partially cooks them, enhancing the flavor.
- Remove the fish from the wok or steamer. Add the soy sauce.
- To serve, scrape the condiments on the fish to the side. Peel and discard the uppermost skin. Spoon some of the condiments and sauce back on the steamed trout and serve.
This recipe for Chinese Steamed Trout with Black Beans serves/makes: 4
The Chinese Steamed Trout with Black Beans recipe is adopted from Yan-Kit's Classic Chinese Cookbook by Yan-Kit 1998.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Steamed
- Recipe List -
- Recipe List -
Similar recipes (Trout ~ Steamed):
- Abkhazian Trout with Cilantro Sauce ~ Baked Brown Trout Recipe - Abkhazian easy recipe how to bake whole brown trout with lemon juice, cilantro, tarragon, onion, red hot chili peppers, ground coriander, olive oil and Cilantro Sauce.
- Baked Brown Trout with Leeks and Apples ~ Baked Brown Trout Recipe - Russian easy recipe how to bake whole brown trout with leeks, sour apples, olive oil, semi-dry white wine, coriander powder, red hot chili pepper, garlic and lemon or lime.
- Crusty Corn Trout Stuffed with Herbs ~ Fried Trout Recipe - easy recipe how to fry mountain (cutthroat, rainbow or golden) trout with thyme, oregano, rosemary, lemon, flour, egg, lemon juice, yellow cornmeal, walnuts or pecans, cumin and oil.
- Grilled Cutthroat Trout with Peach Salsa ~ Grilled Trout Recipe - easy recipe how to grill cutthroat trout fillets with Spanish onion, red pepper, Jalapeno pepper, parsley, olive oil, peaches, apple cider vinegar and spices.
- Mexican Grilled Trout ~ Grilled Trout Recipe - Mexican easy and simple recipe how to grill trout fillets with salsa, lime juice, peppers, lime wedges and celery.
- Stuffed Lake Trout ~ Baked Trout Recipe - easy recipe how to bake lake trout stuffed with butter, onion, celery, bread cubes and sage or poultry seasoning.
- Sesame Trout Fillets ~ Pan Fired Trout Recipe - easy recipe how to fry fresh trout or salmon fillets with scallions, soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, ginger, honey, Chinese mustard powder, red pepper, canola oil and sesame seeds.
- Steelhead and Veggie Salsa ~ Steelhead (Salmon Trout) Recipe - easy recipe how to cook fresh steelhead (salmon trout) fillets with cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, tomatoes, onion, Dijon mustard, rice vinegar, olive oil, dill and cilantro.
- Broiled Lime Salmon Trout or Steelhead ~ Broiled Salmon Trout Recipe - easy recipe how to broil fresh salmon trout or steelhead fillets with butter, brown sugar, fresh lime juice, soy sauce and garlic.
All Easy Recipes