How to cook Grilled Citrus Marinated Mako Shark
- 1 pound fresh Mako shark steaks (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a medium size glass bowl and stir to mix evenly.
- Place the Mako shark steaks in the marinade so that they are completely covered.
- Place the bowl of fish and marinade in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 1 hour (turn once).
- Remove steaks from the marinade, spray with cooking oil, and place on a hot grill.
- Grill for 5 or 6 minutes and then turn. Grill for an additional 5 or 6 minutes or until shark steaks are flaky.
For a better taste put the shark fillets or steaks in milk or buttermilk and soak overnight. That will draw out any unpleasantness.
This recipe for Grilled Citrus Marinated Mako Shark serves/makes: 3
The Grilled Citrus Marinated Mako Shark recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled